Hokies Recruiting: Five Stand Out For Three-Star DT Victor Dimukeje

For the Virginia Tech Hokies, defensive tackle recruiting has been fairly quiet with the Hokies having a few names on their board but no known top target unlike other positions for the Hokies. However, Virginia Tech does seem interested in trying to add a defensive tackle in this class and one of the names to watch is three-star DT Victor Dimukeje from Baltimore, Maryland.

Dimukeje has a large offer list that includes a decent amount of power 5 offers plus offers from many Ivy League schools, showing how Dimukeje clearly seems to be solid both on and off the field. When talking to Dimukeje, the three-star DT from Baltimore told us that five currently stand out for him.

Dimukeje told us that Maryland, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Duke, and Wake Forest were the five schools that formed his top group currently. Dimukeje also told us that those five schools are the ones in contact with him the most while he currently does not have any official or unofficial visits scheduled.

While Dimukeje hasn’t named a leader or frontrunner in his recruitment, the favorite seems to be in-state Maryland. Maryland has that in-state advantage which could definitely factor in especially with the Terps also having some top Maryland recruits currently committed as well. However, the Terps do have multiple defensive line commits but with two defensive tackles set to graduate, the Terps seem to have interest in adding a second DT to this class.

Virginia Tech definitely could be a big threat in the recruitment of Dimukeje depending on how intently they decide to pursue him compared to some of their other DT targets. Virginia Tech has one big advantage of being the only team among Dimukeje’s top 5 to currently be ranked with none of the other five other schools likely to be ranked at all this season.

The Hokies also have the advantage of having no other defensive tackle commits along with Rutgers with both teams likely to make strong pushes for a few DTs. Virginia Tech and Rutgers also aren’t too far away from Maryland though Rutgers will play more games near Baltimore including their games at Maryland since both are in the Big 10 East.

Wake Forest could be a threat with 30% of the 247 Sports Crystal Ball being in the favor of the Demon Deacons (Maryland has the other 70% of predictions). The Demon Deacons are making progress under Dave Clawson and will also be making their return to a bowl game this season thanks to a 6-3 start.

Duke seems like more of a long shot given their struggles this season while Rutgers may be the worst power 5 team in America and may have a hard time making a move against teams like Virginia Tech, Maryland, and Wake Forest that all are showing signs of progress.

While Victor Dimukeje doesn’t have a leader among his top group, Maryland seems to be the likely favorite with Wake Forest and Virginia Tech both being teams to watch, and Duke and Rutgers being on-paper longshots that can’t be overlooked.

Advertisements

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.