Virginia Tech offered three-star RB Tahj Gary earlier this month and today, the Hokies made his top 8.
— Young Bull ⁸ (@Tahjgary) May 29, 2018
Virginia Tech made Gary’s top 8 alongside Arkansas, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina, Purdue, and South Carolina. Gary has emerged as one of the Hokies’ top RB targets since VT offered him earlier this month.
The Hokies have made the state of Georgia one of their top recruiting priorities since the arrival of Justin Fuente and their pursuit of Gary is the latest example of this. The Hokies haven’t hosted Gary for a visit as far as we know and it will be important for the Hokies to get him to campus soon. However, that does seem likely now that VT has made Gary’s top 8.
At this point, Gary’s recruitment feels quite wide open especially with some of the major offers he has received this month from VT and Arkansas.
The Hokies are in the hunt for Atlanta RB Tahj Gary, but it’ll be important for VT to get him to Blacksburg for a visit to gain more traction in his recruitment.
Tahj Gary in the Recruiting Rankings
Among running backs, Gary is ranked 36th best by Rivals, 38th best by ESPN, 52nd best by the 247 Sports Composite, and 84th best by 247 Sports. In the state of Georgia, Gary is ranked 51st best by Rivals, 64th best by ESPN, 84th best by the 247 Sports Composite, and 106th best by 247 Sports.
Tahj Gary’s Offer List (According to 247 Sports)
- ACC: Virginia Tech, Boston College, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Louisville, NC State, Pittsburgh
- SEC: Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina
- Big 10: Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota
- Big 12: Kansas State, West Virginia
- Pac-12: Oregon State
- AAC: Cincinnati, East Carolina, Memphis
- Mountain West: Colorado State
- Conference USA: FIU, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Texas-San Antonio, Western Kentucky
- MAC: Ball State, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Miami (OH), Ohio
- Sun Belt: Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, South Alabama, Troy