The battle for the Black Diamond Trophy returns to Blacksburg for the first time since 2004 as Virginia Tech hosts West Virginia for a sold out Thursday night game at Lane Stadium. The visitor list may not be a big one given the weeknight nature, but there are already some intriguing recruits on it for both football and basketball.
On the football side of things, a pair of intriguing 2024 targets have confirmed their plans to visit including local standout LB Chris Cole out of Salem, VA and three-star WR Keenan Jackson out of Waxhaw, NC. This is Cole's second visit this season after being on campus for the Boston College game while Jackson is making his first trip this season.
The biggest visitor comes on the 2023 front and is a surprise one as four-star DT William Spencer Jr who is from Kentucky but plays currently in New Albany, IN tweeted out that he is visiting Blacksburg for the VT-WVU game. This is undoubtedly a major opportunity for the Hokies to impress Spencer and try to really put themselves in the battle with Kentucky and others.
The men's basketball side is also strong starting with 2024 four-star forward Jadyn Harris out of Arlington, VA as reported by Stockrisers' Jake Weingarten. Weingarten has also reported on Twitter that 2024 four-star SG Jaeden Mustaf from Maryland will be making the trip in what is proving to be a big evening for Mike Young and company on the recruiting trail.
Headlong the basketball side is a trio of 2023 standouts in four-star F Mouhamed Dioubate plus their 2 commits in three-star PG Brandon Rechsteiner and three-star SG Jaydon Young as first reported by a VT 247 Sports writer on Twitter with national high school basketball insider Andrew Slater confirming that it is an official visit for Dioubate.
As a reminder, our visitor list are based on either tweets directly from the athletes confirming their visits, free to the public reports, and direct confirmation by either the recruit or someone close to said recruit to us here at the TLP. This list will be updated as we get more confirmations. If you are a recruit or know a recruit personally who is visiting, feel free to let us know and we'll add him to our list.
- 4* DT William Spencer Jr (New Albany, IN)
- TE Luke Chilton (Fredericksburg, VA) (No Offer)
- 3* WR Keenan Jackson (Waxhaw, NC)
- LB Chris Cole (Salem, VA)
- ATH Landen Clark (Radford, VA) (No Offer)
- OT Moritz Schmoranzer (Roanoke, VA for football, from Germany) (No Offer)
- LB/TE Jaylen Allen (Salem, VA) (No Offer)
- QB Nahshon Wilson (Fredericksburg, VA) (No Offer)
- ATH Tyshawn Dues (Hurricane, WV) (No Offer)
2023 (Men's Basketball)
- 4* F Mouhamed Dioubate (Flushing, NY)
- 3* PG Brandon Rechsteiner (Woodstock, GA) (VT Commit)
- 3* SG Jaydon Young (Greensboro, NC) (VT Commit)
2024 (Men's Basketball)
- 4* F Jadyn Harris (Arlington, VA)
- 4* SG Jaeden Mustaf (Hyattsville, MD)