Three-Star WR Tyree Saunders Commits to Virginia Tech
Saunders chose the Hokies over offers from in-state South Florida, Kansas State, Iowa State, East Carolina, and others. For now, Saunders is the only wide receiver commit in the 2020 class with the Hokies also pursuing four-star WR KeAndre Lambert, two players who would compliment each other well and give the Hokies another strong wide receiver class.
Saunders received an offer in early June after impressing the Hokies at their satellite camp in part because he was able to run a 4.44 40 time. Since then, Saunders quickly emerged as the top slot receiver target in this class given his speed along with having good length at 6'0'' for a slot receiver.
Tyree Saunders is the second Jacksonville star to commit to the Hokies this week after the Hokies gained a commitment from three-star S Keonta Jenkins on Friday.
Tyree Saunders in the Recruiting Rankings
In the state of Florida, Saunders is ranked 97th best by ESPN, 102nd best by 247 Sports, and 108th best by the 247 Sports Composite. Among wide receivers, Saunders is ranked 113th best by ESPN, 124th best by the 247 Sports Composite, and 136th best by 247 Sports. Rivals rates Saunders as a three-star recruit.
Tyree Saunders' Offer List (According to 247 Sports)
- ACC: Virginia Tech
- Big 12: Iowa State, Kansas State
- AAC: Connecticut, East Carolina, South Florida
- Conference USA: FAU, FIU, Marshall, Middle Tennessee State, Southern Miss, UAB, Western Kentucky
- MAC: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Toledo
- Mountain West: Colorado State
- Sun Belt: Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Troy
- FCS: Mercer, Savannah State, Southern