Virginia Tech backup center Jack Hollifield became the latest Hokie to enter the transfer portal according to Evan Watkins of 247 Sports' VT Scoop.
He is the ninth Hokie to either enter the transfer portal or decided to leave the program following the 2023 season, most of whom have already entered the transfer portal.
- TE Dae'Quan Wright (News broke on 11/28/23)
- RB Bryce Duke (News broke on 11/30/23)
- WR Da'Wain Lofton (12/5/23)
- CB Derrick Canteen (12/5/23)
- OL Johnny Dickson (12/6/23)
- RB Chance Black (12/8/23)
- OL Hunter McLain (12/15/23)
- QB Grant Wells (12/20/23) (Unknown if he will enter the portal)
Hollifield redshirted in 2021 and then became a regular for the Hokies on special teams over the past two seasons while being the backup center, though he played only in garbage time situations at that position. He will have two years of eligibility remaining at his next destination.
Jack Hollifield was never able to break through for the Hokies like his brother Dax Hollifield. After Tech decided to move Kaden Moore to center, it became clear that a path to playing time in Blacksburg would be an uphill battle for Jack Hollifield with the Shelby, NC native choosing to move on and have a fresh start elsewhere.